It has been quite some time since I last blogged, in the past few months I mainly used my Twitter account
to publish news. Today I want to blog again since the information about the SysSec
Network of Excellence will not fit into a single tweet. SysSec
is a Network of Excellence in the field of Systems Security, which has been created to build on the successful experience of the FORWARD
initiative to work towards:
- creating a virtual center of excellence, to consolidate the Systems Security research community in Europe
- promoting cybersecurity education
- engaging a think-tank in discovering the threats and vulnerabilities of the Current and Future Internet,
- creating an active research roadmap in the area, and
- developing a joint working plan to conduct State-of-the-Art collaborative research.
As part of its dissemination activities, the SysSec Network of Excellence proposes to organize a workshop focused on system security research, as the first step towards creating a virtual center of excellence to consolidate the Systems Security research community in Europe. The 1st SysSec Workshop
targets researchers from Europe and the rest of the World, with the short-term goal of creating a vigorous forum to map the systems security research area, with particular focus on European security communities. While this workshop invites submissions from all the research groups on systems security in the world, it encourages particularly research groups from Europe to take advantage of this opportunity. The long-term goal of this first of a series of periodic workshops, is to build a reference meeting place of the systems security community in Europe.